Weightless Riding© is a technique developed by Desiree du Pisanie over many years and brings together the skills and disciplines of various techniques she has mastered. It was in seeing the difficulties the horse and rider have in their communication with each other that she started to realise that there was a better way to achieve perfection for both horse and rider. When the rider’s body is not ‘speaking’ to the horse correctly, the horse cannot follow quiet aids.
She has been working with riders and horses with body issues for more than 30 years now. Using her knowledge of anatomy and physiology (of both horse and rider) and the classical art of riding, she has mixed this in a unique way to become what is today considered Weightless Riding.
- increases rider’s body awareness
- alerts the rider to the horse’s body movements
- assess emotional tension and how it increases body tension
- corrects alignment and balance, positively influencing the horse
- reduces unnessary stress or wear on body parts – for horse and rider
- enhances the riding experience – making it weightless and free flowing
If you’re interested in find out more, read the Case Studies in the Blog and see how this changed the riding experience for her clients. You can also enquire about one of her Workshops or individual one-to-one sessions and courses.
Find more testimonials here.